Thursday, 21 January 2010

Something different

Today, yes Thursday, I went to Amsterdam to look and buy some fabrics for the machine sewing course that starts coming Saturday.  I drove into town and parked the car in the centre of the city. No traffic congestion and no problems finding a parking space. It must be my day !

For those who are living in the Netherlands aren't going to have any problems guessing where I went. IMG_4400

Yes, I went to Den Haan & Wagenmakers and bought these lovely fabrics.

IMG_4402

Guess, who went with me? Yes, my quilt buddy, Marja.

IMG_4403

She is going upstairs to looks for some fabrics for Leanne's House, block of the month quilt ''May your heart make you grateful''. You know, this one.

image

We also popped in next door. I bought the little sign and tin notion box. Aren't they cute?

IMG_4407

Afterwards we walked back to the Bijenkorf, where we had a lovely lunch. And as we walked past the Clinique counter on our way out, I had to stop and have a look. Naturally, I couldn't contain myself.  I bought the following items, lipstick, mascara, plush and concealer.

IMG_4405

I had a fun day. At the moment the washing machine is doing its work. Yes, I wash my fabrics, before cutting them up to become a quilt. Tomorrow another no-work day. Finally catching up on some quality time.

3 comments:

Annelies vdB said...

It was nice to meet you and Marja today !

Berna said...

Ooohhh, ik ga vandaag. Jullie zijn leuk geslaagd en hebben vast een leuke dag gehad. Tot woensdag!

Ruth's Place said...

Looks like a great day out!