Monday, 25 January 2010

Sewing stress

I'm going to make this

Medallion sampler

We are using Hanne Vibeke de Koning-Stapel's pattern.

So last Saturday I had my first sewing class. We learned how to use the sewing machine and cut fabric with a roller so that in the next couple of weeks I can make some Jacobs Ladder blocks. I have to make 8 blocks and 4 half blocks. As this is very time consuming I'm feeling some stress. Will I get it all done??

This is the group of lady's who are also going to make this Madellion Sampler. We are having a lunch break in this picture.

IMG_4432 Here are some impressions of our class. I'm doing this course at Laura's Quilt Atelier in Amersfoort.  

IMG_4411

One is sewn by hand, the other with the sewing machine.

IMG_4409

Laura showing some fabrics

IMG_4415 Me, behind my sewing machineIMG_4425 PracticingIMG_4427 One of the lady's doing the class with meIMG_4438 Another lady learning how to make the Medallion SamplerIMG_4437  My fabricIMG_4435 Cutting with a mini rollerIMG_4436 A very handy cutting table. I want one of those!!IMG_4439 Very sharp pins. IMG_4412

Will keep you posted of my progress.

3 comments:

Berna said...

Wat een mooie quilt zal dat worden. Moet je de rest nu zelf gaan doen of komen jullie nog een paar keer bij elkaar?

Quilter Kathy said...

This is an incredible quilt...good luck and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hoi! lukt het snijden en 'passen en meten'? Ik ben benieuwd hoe het gaat, zie je donderdag Mirjam