Tuesday, 4 August 2009

Thank you

Thank you all for leaving such inspiring comments. They have left a smile on my face. Also I would like to thank you all for your complements.

To give an impression I'll tell you that this will be another big quilt. It will be 220 x 220 cm (which is about 104" x 104"), once it is finished. Yes, for a king size bed.

I would also like to thank you for your encouragement, I'll go on, although I won't have it finished ‘soon’. As you have seen, I'm using different fabric, but the quilt will look like this once it is finished.

IMG_0957_2

As you can see when looking at this picture, I only have to make another 6 blocks. However, when they are completed I still have more patchwork to do before the top is completed.

But who cares, that it is taking so long. Most important is that I'm having fun. I was discouraged for a little while, but I'm not giving up.

4 comments:

Fiesta said...

Helen , it is stunning.

~Bren~ said...

Breathtaking! Well worth all the effort those blocks take!

Inge Slaats said...

Ik ben hier via de blog van Berna en heb net vol bewondering naar je blokken van de Feathered Star gekeken. Wow, die zijn mooi! Leuk ook in rood-wit-blauw. En nu nog 6 (!) blokken, poeh hé, knap hoor. Ik heb ooit 1 blok gemaakt, van kerststoffen, en dat werd meteen een quiltje, wat een werk vond ik dat. Ik vind het wel een supermooi blok en jou vind ik reuze stoer dat je er 9 gaat maken.

Groetjes van Inge uit Eindhoven

Tineke said...

Mooi gedaan zeg! Complimenten hoor!