Tuesday, 4 August 2009

Meeting another quilter

I'm on a holiday giving me plenty of time to do nothing and being lazy. But it is also allowing me to meet up with new people. Tuesday I visited Berna, a quilter, who lives very near me. We did not meet by coincidence, we have been following each others blogs for some time and she also happens to be the sister of Marja (one of the quilters in my quilting class).

IMG_3386She is completing her stitchery, and is in the final stages of quilting this top.

 

 

 

 

IMG_3388Here the ladies are studying a pattern. Underneath the pattern sheet you get an glimpse of the paper piecing friendship hearts, that Berna is making.

 

 

IMG_3387In the picture on your left you can see how many she has made. It will become a quilt for one of her granddaughters.

 

 

Here is me, quilting Zoë's quilt. Thank you Berna for the photo.

IMG_2755_Berna Marja, is completing her feathered star quilt top. Doing some work for her boarder.

IMG_3389

It was nice to meet Berna in person and catch up with her. I'm sure new quilt meetings will be planned.

1 comment:

Berna said...

Hoi Helen, Het was een leuke avond en je hebt er leuk over geschreven. Doen we zeker nog een keer over. Groetjes Berna