Thursday, 6 August 2009

Kaleidoscope, to do or not to do, that is the question.

Yesterday I went to Mirjam to do some work on my Kaleidoscope quilt. Yes, the one I started one and half years ago.

Naturally you are all curious how far I got, well not very far, as I forgot the most essential part, the pattern. I travelled about 70 kilometers, with my sewing machine, sewing box, and a box with my fabric. I thought it was a good idea to take everything with me, so that I wouldn't get there and find out I left something at home. I really thought I had come prepared, but once we started unpacking to sit down and work on the kaleidoscope, I found out that I had left my pattern in my ringbinder. And naturally, I had forgotten to take that with me.

So Mirjam showed her progress on her feathered star quilt.

IMG_3391 Which, as you can see, is stunning.

And underneath, is her sampler, which is another stunner.

IMG_3392

To fill our afternoon program, we went to ...

IMG_3395 IMG_3396

IMG_3397 IMG_3398

Yes, to Zutphen. I'm sure some are jealous, after reading this. By the way, I was a good girl. I only bought one thing, and that was a present for Mirjam, who will soon have a birthday.

As you might have guessed, I bought her present at Petra Prins, the quiltshop in Zutphen.

IMG_3399 IMG_3400

Just to be cheeky, this is what I forgot to take with me.

IMG_3401 Thus, one and half years later, this is how far I've gotten. One block completed, and one half done.

IMG_3403 Better luck next time, I guess.

1 comment:

Judith said...

Ik ben wel een beetje jaloers hoor, dat jij naar Petra Prins bent geweest