Sunday, 5 July 2009

Making a start with the Ursula's Mosaic quilt

Last week I washed and ironed all the fatquaters. In the first picture you see my little stack. Also you see Tonny's stamp templates for the Ursula's Mosaic quilt. First I was a little uneasy about using them, but these are a great invention. A lot easier than making your own templates and drawing around them, one by one.

IMG_3174 IMG_3175

In the picture underneath, I'm stamping. You can buy the stamps and pattern at Quilt it & Dotty. You can either go to Tilburg or order online. Don't forget to order the stamp pad. I haven't got my own stamps yet. Tonny was really nice to share. We had fun stamping and cutting.

IMG_3176 IMG_3177

After about an hour of stamping we finally got to the next stage. In the picture underneath I'm cutting out the little templates, you can see my pile getting larger. In the right hand corner you can get a glimpse of the pattern.

IMG_3179 IMG_3181

Look how many I've got!! I can start putting the mosaic together. Although I definitely haven't stamped enough for the whole quilt. In the second last picture you see all the little piles. The mosaic consists of five different shapes: two different sizes squares, two different sizes diamonds and one triangle.  See the little case? I got that as a present from Tonny. Isn't she sweat to have thought of me.

IMG_3190 IMG_3192

After the tedious job of stamping and cutting, I got served a nice cup of soup.

IMG_3193

I definitely had a great Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zo bezige bijtjes, dat doen jullie goed zeg. Ben nu al benieuwd naar het eindresultaat, het wordt vast weer een plaatje.

Groetjes, Marja