Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Cambridge here I come

I'm going to England for a (unexpected) long-weekend

Holiday Inn Cambrigde

and will be staying at the Holiday Inn in Cambridge.

To be a little more accurate, the hotel is actually located a little outside of Cambridge, in a neighboring village  overlooking a lake.  Hence, the name Lake View.  Still it is only a 5 km walk into town.

 

The hotel has the following Sports & Leisure facilities: Holiday Inn Cambrigde_2indoor pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and gymnasium. If this good summer weather keeps up, I'll make use of the poolicon_wink

But I'm definitely also going to explore Cambridge a little more.  I'm even contemplating Punting down the river Cambridge. 

 The last time I went Punting was summer of 1983. Naturally, I will also find time to visit some bookstores. Maybe I'll even come across a quilt shop. If you happen to read this, and you know where there is one in Cambridge, please let me know the address.

 

 

Can't wait till....

2 comments:

Petra said...

Hier kun je heel veel quiltwinkels vinden, ook buiten Nederland: http://www.cosman.nl/maps/europe_nl.php
Deze vond ik in Cambridge zelf:
http://www.sewcreative.co.uk/

Heel veel plezier in de UK.

Anonymous said...

Hallo Helen,
Geniet lekker van je weekeindje weg. Als je het leuk vindt , ik heb op mijn web-site een pagina gemaakt met het reisverslag van Aagje in Amerika.
Hartelijke groetjes
Riek van Beek
Stoffen & Babystudio