Saturday, 6 June 2009

Quilt it & Dotty

Today we had a little outing. Where did we go? If you read the header you have already guessed, yes, we went to Quilt it & Dotty in Tilburg. Sadly, we couldn't stay as long as we had intended. We left home at 9.00 am, but around 9.45 our journey stopped abruptly due to an accident. We stood still on the highway for more than an hour and started driving again around 11.10 am. We won't say too much about the congestion that the accident had caused. The accident must have been a bad one as 4 ambulances were needed.

IMG_3057 IMG_3058

We finally arrived at 12.00 am in Tilburg. Mirjam, had waited for us all that time (a 2 hour wait). Luckily she had a good book with her, as there were no lunchrooms, pubs or museums nearby. She had journeyed  with the train to Tilburg, and in hindsight should we.

The long drive was worth it. We were meet at the door by Dotty.

IMG_3059 IMG_3060

This was what we saw when we got inside.

IMG_3061 IMG_3066

IMG_3062 IMG_3063

IMG_3064 IMG_3065

IMG_3067 IMG_3070

IMG_3068 IMG_3069

Look closely at these small hexagons above.

IMG_3072 IMG_3074

IMG_3075 IMG_3077

Mirjam, Tonny and I all bought the quilt pattern for Ursula's Mosaic. Tonny and Mirjam also bought stamp templates, that you can use for this pattern. I'll be making my own templates.

I was so busy selecting my fatquarters that I didn't see if Janny or Marja bought anything. In the last photo, above right, you can see which fabrics I selected. I also bought a thimble and a tiny rotary mat.

Dotty has also got a blog. Do visit to read what she has been up to.

Well I now have another challenge: I have to find time to quilt, exercise, work, blog, read and socialize. Will I be able to do them all? I really need more hours in a day!!

3 comments:

Dorry said...

O, what a nice shopping spree this was! Thank you so much girls for your visit; you were very welcome!

Dorry

suz said...

I just got caught up with your blog and saw the feathered star your friend Jannie is making. I'm am in awe. I love making feathered star quilts and I cannot believe how tiny those center feathers are! Holy moly!

Mimi said...

Thank you for taking us along on your quilty trip. It looks like a great shop.