Sunday, 1 March 2009

Aussie home

I would like to thank Catharine from Willow Valley Store for designing this wonderful patchwork Aussie house. I wanted to wait with downloading this pattern till I had time to make another quilt. But temptation got the better of me and I downloaded all three parts a couple of minutes ago.  Isn't it a beauty?

Aussie house block WVS 2009 fonted

If you like this pattern too, you can download it for free from her blog. Block size:  12" square when finished, this is a little more than 30 x 30 cm. You can make as many as you want, depending on how big you want to make the quilt! I think civil war reproduction fabrics would look lovely in this pattern.

Her inspiration came from an old family home at Upper Beaconsfield in the Dandenongs.  If memory serves me correctly, this is a beautiful area in Victoria. I have been there once, when I was about 10.

No comments: