As a public service, Glenn H. Myers (17 September 2006) developed an illness scale. If you are under the weather and wondering if you should go to work at all or come home sick from work, ask yourself these five simple questions:
1. Have you used more than five tissues in the past 10 minutes?
2. Have you visited the restroom more than five times in the past hour? Yes
3. If you had dinner plans, would you keep them? No, cancelled my diner date last night,
4. If your cube mate had your symptoms, would you want him or her coming to the office? No
5. If your child were this sick, would you send him or her to school? No
Sunday after my walk, I all of a sudden didn’t feel very well. It started with a headache and then nausea and temperature shifts (one moment cold and the next warm). During the night my muscle and joints started to ache. And this all combined leaves me feeling very tired. I’m going back to bed now and try to sleep a little more.