Sunday, 28 December 2008

SSCS 2008

I would like to thank Santa’s elf for sending me this gift. Sadly, there was no creative self made gift like the others SSCS- participants have received.

IMG_1629 IMG_1631

I received the parcel around the 10th of December, and as I didn't recognize it being a parcel from my secret swap partner (no identification about the SSCS), I opened the box. The box was full of pieces of fabric (scraps) and a template to make a friendship quilt.  Not much effort has gone into this gift I'm afraid. I’m a little disappointed (an understatement), my expectations were maybe too high, after seeing the beautiful works made for the SSCS in 2007.  I guess not everyone who joins a swap, plays by the rules........…

If you really want to join a swap please visit this site first, and read up on Swap etiquette:  And remember, If You Don't Have The Time - Don't Do The Swap. A fair swap should be equal in value if not time. 

I’m afraid I won’t be joining a secret swap again soon. However don’t let me discourage you too much as I’m really impressed with the organizational skills of Chookyblue and her efforts for making this an other successful SSCS. 2008_SSCS_logoI’m also pretty impressed with the creativity of most of the elves who participated. Please go to her blog to see what the others have received on Christmas day.

I really enjoyed making my gift for my swap partner. The stitchery took me some time to do. This is what I sent: A Christmas Garland.

IMG_1519

Some close-ups

IMG_1528IMG_1526

IMG_1522 IMG_1521

The other contents in the box

 IMG_1529

Today I received a thank you e-mail from my swap partner. This is what she said: ‘Thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas swag.  I love it.  I held  out until Christmas to open it.  I am really sorry now that I did. Now I have to pack it away until next year.

5 comments:

Judith said...

Jammer dat je pakje zo tegenviel. Zul je zien dat zij wel iets heel moois heeft gekregen. Als je het aan Donna meldt komt het vast wel goed.

May Britt said...

I am so sorry you got such a present from your secret santa. There is always someone that does it the easiest way or doesn't send anything at all. Hope that this will not scare you from other swaps, because most of the ladies are very generous.

Anne Marie said...

You did such a beautiful Christmas banner, the amount of work you must have put into it.... I hate to read about swaps ending this way! Don't be too disheartened, not all swaps end this way!

Leanne said...

Oh Helen how disappointing...I have done a swap previously and didn't receive anything in return. It is very annoying because the time and effort put in by most people is spoilt by the minority.

Mad about Craft said...

I'm so sorry the swap didn't work right for you. Your swap partner wasn't at all fair.
Please don't give up as other people have benefited so much from your work.