Saturday, 4 October 2008

The wish quilt pattern complete

The postman delivered the last Australian Homespun magazine I ordered.

 IMG_1240

I now have the Wish Quilt pattern that Bronwyn Hayes of Red Brolly designed complete. From a commercial viewpoint Homespun was very clever publishing this project over three issues. 

Hopefully I will find time next year to make this one for Christmas 2009 Xmas_smiley . Well I’ve set myself another goal winking0071 .

For those who looked closely see that I also bought QuiltMania. I love the ‘little house’ quilt by Shizuko Kuroha. Maybe another project for the future!! At the moment I’ve got too many WIP’s.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Aren't you glad you now have the entire design? I also have lots of WIP's too. I need to organize.

Anonymous said...

Helen - glad that you enjoy Homepsun magazine and that you are planning to make the Wish Quilt. Please be aware that several errors have come to light in the instructions for the Wish Quilt. We will be inserting a flyer in the October issue of the magazine (9.10) and publishing them on a page in the magazine in December (9.12). However, you can also access them by visiting the publisher's website at www.completecraft.com.au and clicking on the Corrections tab.

Megan Fisher
Technical Editor
Australian Homespun

PS. By the way - the reason that the Wish Quilt was published over three issues of the magazine was simply that we couldn't fit all the designs on to the pattern sheets in a single issue or even two issues.

Yvonne said...

Hoi Helen,

Ik ben ook op zoek naar de homespun tijdschriften voor de wish quilt. Ik ga zo kijken op je blog of jij deze quilt al gemaakt hebt. Waar heb jij de tijdschriften gekocht of misschien wil je de tijdschriften wel verkopen? Ik hoop van je te horen.

Groetjes
Yvonne