Sunday, 26 October 2008

Quilt class

In the previous posting I showed the feathered star blocks that we have completed so far. Well here we are busy with another block pattern. In the first picture Marja en Joke are waiting in front of the shop.

IMG_1392  IMG_1412

I haven’t been in a picture for a long time. I’m the one in black looking very concentrated. I asked Matty to be the photographer this time.

IMG_1417 IMG_1414

Mirjam was not able to make it to this class, so yesterday I was the one teaching Mirjam. Mirjam was having some problems and I was able to solve them for her. Aagje, (my quilt teacher) had given me instructions on what I had to look for.

Her blocks are coming along nicely as well.

IMG_1425 IMG_1426

2 comments:

quiltmom said...

Hi Helen,
what lovely feathered star blocks you all are making. I have made that block- it is complicated and needs careful piecing but is worth the work when you are finished.
I was suppose to make 12 blocks for my queen sized quilt but I made 5 instead and then added courthouse steps ( a variation of log cabin) to form a center medallion with my feathered stars. The feathered star blocks were large ( 20 inches)and had 150 pieces in each block. I will try and take a picture to show you and post it on blog sometime soon.

I love the books on your bookshelf too. I really enjoyed the first book by Nancy Turner and am looking forward to reading the other two books in her series.
Happy quilting,
Anna

Miri said...

Great feathered star blocks. I love black and white quilts. Glad the class went well.