Friday, 31 October 2008

New technique

Today I learned to thumb quilt using  TED's ThumbThimble™.

IMG_1452

It is really a joy quilting this way. Laura taught us the basics and now we only need to practice, practice and practice a little more.

Here are some pictures of the workshop.

IMG_1446 IMG_1447

IMG_1455 IMG_1456

The lady standing in the picture above is Laura. If you want to learn this technique visit her website for information. I’m sure she will be giving this workshop again.

IMG_1457 IMG_1458

Don’t you just love these Amish dolls sitting on the chandelier?

IMG_1460Before leaving some of us had a quick peek in some books that Laura was giving away. Temptation, temptation. Some books have gotten a new home for themselves.

1 comment:

Idaho Quilter said...

I am going to visit the web site you sugested right away. When I quilt vertically I use my thumb nail, I didn't know there was tool for the thumb. Sure save the thumb nail.