Wednesday, 3 September 2008

September blues

The last 3 months have been somewhat stressful; there was a continuous stream of deadline projects. My team has been working really hard, while our co-workers were enjoying their holidays. My team consists of young people, like myself, and who all have no kids. We are the ones who work throughout the summer, who can’t take a break because our colleagues need to be with their kids. To remain positive, we got lots done! 

According to the weatherman we haven’t had much sun (summer) the last couple of months (not that we would have noticed, as we really have small windows in our building). We had lots of grey skies, hard winds and lots of rain. Luckily we haven’t missed the summer, and to remain positive, we now have time to enjoy the autumn.

Better days are coming. I only have 3 more working days and then I can have my well deserved break. I’m really looking forward to sleeping in, being lazy, meeting up with friends, and of course doing some quilting.

As I don’t have much spare time, the next 2 months, I also better get started on my Secret Santa Christmas Swap during my break. I know what I am going to make. I might even post part of a picture so that you can get a glimpse. But I can’t show too much as I don’t want to spoil the surprise.

How are you, other Santa’s helpers, getting along? Have you started on your project? We have another 3 months, 3 weeks and 1 day till Christmas!! But don’t forget to send your parcel before the 25th of November icon_biggrin .

PS. Have a look at Jackie’s new page ‘the quilter pattern shoppe’. You can download (buy) patterns online.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

enjoy your holiday break......have fun making your secret santa present........