Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Facebook

Are you on Facebook? It is definitely better then Hyves, which focuses primarily on the Netherlands. Facebook is international. Some weeks ago Hubby introduced me and already I have connected with old friends who surf the web regularly (sadly my close friends are not online often), made new ones (so far mostly Hubby’s friends), and found some very exciting and funny things (like ‘where have I been’, ‘catbook’, ‘Superpoke’. Facebook is a social utility on the Internet that connects you with the people around you. It can be as private or as public as you want it to be. It's a great way to connect to people you know. But it is also a great way to meet new people who share ideas and hobbies with you. Facebook is a good alternative clip_image002if you rather not have a blog.

I would love to meet you, as I know lots of people read my blog.

Go to http://www.facebook.com/ and have a look around first.

 

To say hello, you will first have to make an account for yourself, then add my name (Helen Kamphuis) as a friend (and when you do so, in your message to me, let me know that you read my blog). I would love to meet you in Helen’s quilting group. If you like quilting and blogging, check it out too.

If you want to join my quilting group, on the left side of your page are some options.

clip_image002[5]

Click on the Groups option. Then you will be taken to a page where you can do a search. Type in Helen’s quilting group. When you see this group, click on it and sign up to be a member of that group. Hope to see you!

No comments: