Saturday, 23 August 2008

As promised a quilt related post

Today I went to Staphorst, again! I found and bought the fabrics for the feathered star quilt. I also bought 3 little rulers, some dish cloth towels, a ribbon and a new pair of scissors .

IMG_0841 IMG_0844

The shop inside.                               The shop outside.

 IMG_0845 IMG_0850

Everything rapped in paper.             All the goodies I bought.

I had with me a photo of the feathered star quilt with the block patterns that we are going to make during the autumn course. I also had a list with fabric requirements with me.

IMG_0849

                                    Close-up of the fabric.

As you can see I am into red, white and blue. Can’t wait to see how the first block turns out. I hope to show you the first block at the end of September.

4 comments:

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

I see some lovely fabrics!

Ruth's Place said...

Gorgeous little shop, and stunning fabrics you have there!!

I added you as a friend in facebook.

corry said...

What a lovely fabrics! I was in Staphorst saterday. I went to Stegeman but I didn't know about this store. Seems like a great store too!

Karol-Ann said...

Gorgeous fabrics! I have some of the roses in another colourway.