Sunday, 31 August 2008

Another ‘startdag’

Yesterday we had our annual ‘startdag’. Translation = start day. ‘Startdag’  commences the new quilting season. On this day,  those who haven’t done so yet, can sign-up for a class or monthly quilting bee and of course there were ample workshops to sign up for. Usually during the ‘startdag’ demonstrations are given and this time I was asked to demonstrate how to make yo-yo’s. The other 4 ladies showed other techniques. It was a long day but lots of fun. It surprised me how many people asked me to show them how to make yo-yo’s.

Those who visited and wanted to buy fabrics for their quilt projects, found that there was a discount on all fabrics. Riek (the shop owner) was giving a 15% discount on all fabrics. Naturally this was pretty tempting so at the end of the day I bought some fabrics also. When will I find the time to make another quilt? But aren’t these fabrics lovely? I also bought a book and I got a gift as thanks. The gift contained a tape measure, seam ripper, marking pencil, and a box of chocolates. See all the goodies in this picture. As you can see Teddy had to inspect the goodies himself.

IMG_0961

To give you an impression of my day, I’ve added a slide show to this post.

No comments: