Tuesday, 29 July 2008

In Loving Memory of Charlie


When your beloved pet dies, it's not unusual to feel overwhelmed by the intensity of your sorrow. Animals provide companionship, acceptance, emotional support, and unconditional love during the time they share with you. If you understand and accept this bond between humans and animals, you've already taken the first step toward coping with pet loss.

Sunday evening I noticed how thin you were becoming. Before I went to bed I found some blood spots near your basket. Yesterday afternoon I found more blood and I phoned the vet. During the check-up it become clear you were very ill, you had cancer around your mouth, and it had most likely spread. To be sure, this morning an operative examination was done and as I guessed the cancer had metastasized. This afternoon you have been put to sleep.


As time goes by I won't forget,
That you were my beloved pet.
You made me happy when I was sad,
And just for that I'm very glad.

In Loving Memory of Charlie
20 May 1998 - 29 July 2008

How fragile can life be (even for a cat). Only a couple of days ago you were still playing with my quilts and being your jolly self. I’m really overwhelmed by my sorrow and grieve at the moment.


Helen

8 comments:

Hanne said...

I am so sorry for your loss!
Lille Rusk sends you a purr and a lick too!
Take care!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Helen I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your Charlie...

Leanne said...

I am sorry to hear about Charlie...I know how sad I would be if one of our dogs when to pet heaven.

Jackie said...

Helen, I am so sorry to hear about Charlie. Having 2 cats still here and 2 cats in kitty heaven, I know how you are feeling. They are truly our family.

Ruth's Place said...

So very sorry to hear about Charlie!

Sending you a hug!

Karol-Ann said...

What a touching post about your precious Charlie. I feel very sad for you and the loss of your friend. Warm wishes, xka

Sweet P said...

I'm sorry to hear about Charlie. I'm sending some positive thoughts your way.

cathicrafts said...

I am so sorry to hear about Charlie. Big hugs and warm thoughts from Ireland via Bend Oregon!

Cathi