Friday, 13 June 2008

Wales

We had a fantastic time in Wales. Yes, we are back. North Wales is so beautiful. I can’t wait till next year as we have planned to go again. The reason for it being a great holiday was firstly the B&B. The hospitality, the views, the luxury of the room and ensuite, and the quietness made it very special. We will certainly go back to this B&B.



The B&B from across the lake

Secondly, meeting up with friends. We had a glorious weekend together. We met up at Dolgellau, which is where they were staying, and found a pub. We didn’t leave it, till we had to go to dinner in Bala. There was so much to talk about. The next day we met up in Harlech to visit the castle and afterwards sat on the beach. Boy did we get burned. Yes, we forgot the sunscreen. Learned my lesson and will put some in my backpack.
Before the weekend we took the train up to Snowdon. The views are great. After visiting Mount Snowdon, we set ourselves a new goal. Next year we will walk down. That means we will have to do some training as I’m not at all fit. This also applies to Hubby.

We went and visited Portmeirion. It is very touristy but worth the visit. We also went to Llangollen, Colwyn Bay, Betws-y-Coed, Corris, Dinas-Mawddwy. We took the following roads the past 8 days: A487, A470, A494, B4403, A5, A4212, A4086, A4088, A4085, A487, A496, and A542. It is really worth it, to go and drive them yourselves. I also visited a quilt shop in the Crafts Centre in Corris. I can truly say that I’m not a novice quilter any more. I seem to be more skilled than I thought I was. As you can see I also found some time to do some quilting in Wales.

Happy Stitching

Helen

2 comments:

Karol-Ann said...

Welcome back! Your quilt hoop makes a great tea tray :-)

Lee said...

Pleased to hear you enjoyed Wales. I live in Dyffryn Ardudwy and work in Harlech. Check out our website
www.glynandbrogyntynestates.com

Regards from a fellow stitcher

Lee