Friday, 20 June 2008

Quilter

I feel safe not to call myself a novice quilter anymore. After seeing works from others and doing some comparisons, I think I shouldn’t belittle my own work. So from now on I will call myself a quilter. Although I have a long way to go before I can say I’m an expert. I still need and want to learn lots of new techniques.
My preference goes towards traditional quilts and big king size quilts. I’m so much looking forward to autumn as we will start with a new course. We are going to learn to make a feathered star quilt. This quilt will consist of 9 feathered star quilt blocks. The feathered stars blocks are derived from Le Moyne-based stars or grid-based stars. I’ll post my progress coming autumn
But first we have the summer and I will need all the time that I can get to finish Zoë’s quilt, the star quilt, and compass quilt!! I think I have too many goals here. I will focus on Zoë’s quilt.


Happy Quilting, Helen

No comments: