Sunday, 1 June 2008

More unnecessary sewing accessories

Yesterday at the Quilt day market (at my LQS) I bought myself a packet of Betweens/Quilting needles, size 12, from Piecemakers. I also saw this lovely little ‘kritter’ case from Clover.
Yes, I got myself Hippy the Hippo and that was not all, I also go myself some new sewing scissors. Hippy the Hippo will come along with me to Wales. Everything I need for quilting Zoë’s quilt fits in this case.

To show how small size 12 is, I asked Hubby to take a close-up.

The length of this small needle is about 22 cm and it is really thin. Luckily, I have the desk needle threader (also from Clover). This also fits in the hippo.
I think I need a pedicure after seeing my fingers close-up. I must admit quilting with this size 12 needle does improve my quilting.

Pretty impressive the even stitching even if I do say so. Here is me quilting away.

I'm not the only one that likes this quilt. Charlie (the cat) really likes it too.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Your hand quilting looks great and Charlie obviously approves. Not seen one of those Hippos before - looks very handy. Enjoy your time in Wales. Sounds lovely

Karol-Ann said...

I'm pleased to see you enjoying your handquilting more. Lovely handy Hippo!
Enjoy your trip to Wales. Next time Yorkshire?

Ruth said...

The hand quilting looks fabulous! Have a safe trip.