Saturday, 28 June 2008

I need shoes!!

For some time I’ve wanted some new shoes. I’ve had some success as you can see. I bought two pairs. One high heeled pair, brown ones, for work and a casual neat pair in blue.


These shoes are however not from my usual manufacturer. I went to Schiphol especially as they have a Gabor shop there. Why do I go all the way to Schiphol? Well this shop is (was) one of the few shops in the whole of the Netherlands that cater in blue shoes. So you can imagine my disappointment, when I found out the shop wasn’t there anymore. Gabor shoes always fit me and I never have blisters after wearing them the first couple of times. But things change!!
I still need to find some nice high heeled black shoes. Lucky me, the shops are getting their winter stock soon, so in a couple of weeks I’m sure I will find a nice pair in black.
I met up with a friend of mine, Kirana. Before my shopping spree, we had a nice lunch. I had a ciabatta sandwich with latte coffee, which was really nice, but also very filling. I’m so stuffed that while I’m typing this post, I’m still not hungry. Hubby and I have decided to have a light dinner tonight. Kirana didn’t buy much except some chocolates from Leonidas. Guess who will have a nice evening munching away those yummy chocolates. I couldn’t resist temptation and bought myself a travel coffee mug from Starbucks. I’ve wanted one for some time. I also bought some stuff at the Body Shop for my hands and nails. All in all, I had a lovely day although it didn’t start out that good. My glasses seemed to have broken during the night. I drove first to my local shop to get it repaired. I had expected they would need some time to repair it, but I was lucky. The centre screw had broken, they put in a new one and my glasses were fixed. When I drove up to the shop I thought this would be a very expensive repair, but do you know how much I paid? Nothing! This is what I call service.

Charlie and Teddy are a little curious. As you can see they needed to inspect the things I had bought.

Take care, Helen

No comments: