Monday, 5 May 2008

Paris

A quick visit to Paris. I was only there for 36 hours! But boy did I do a lot.
Friday evening we arrived in Paris. Found the hotel quickly. After booking in we took the long way to the Eiffel tower. Passed the Hotel des Invalides and the ecole militaire. Walked through the Champ de Mars and admired the Eiffel tower. We took the metro back to the hotel and had a late supper. Saturday morning I woke up early and had a lovely breakfast all by myself. Everyone was still sleeping I suppose. At 8.30 am got a taxi and drove to Porte Maillot where the Palais des Congres is situated. Learned some new facts and gave a presentation. At 12.30 I walked from the congress centrum to the Arc de Triomphe and met up with mum and MIL. From there we went back to the hotel so that I could change into some more practical clothes (yes, I was wearing a skirt and jacket and high heels). In the afternoon we had a quick look at La Fayette, the big famous shopping mall. Boy was it busy and the prices, lets not mention that. Across the road we admired the place de L’Opera. We then continued our journey, walk, in search of the Sacré Coeur. It always amazes me how many people have the same intention. It was packed with people; we could hardly see anything and it was even more difficult getting through the crowd. As it was all very strenuous we caught the metro back to the hotel and had a good little rest. In the evening we had a nice diner in a France restaurant across the road from the hotel.
Sunday morning after a lovely breakfast we packed up our bags and left for a long drive back to the Netherlands.
Sights that I missed but mum and MIL visited: Musee du Louvre, Seine, Place de la Concorde, Grand Palais and avenue Des Champs Elysees. From what I understood, they also sat on a bench for a while enjoying de views and sun.

1 comment:

Annelies said...

I do love Paris very much !!