Monday, 12 May 2008

Another top finished

The top of Zoë’s quilt is finished. I only have to sandwich it and start with the quilting :)
This week I’ll buy the fabric for the backing and the cotton batting. The back will be bright red. My sister used the colours red and orange as the primary colours in Zoë's bedroom. Very bold, but it looks great. This quilt as many know is meant for my little niece and will end up in her room. That is why I choose Kasse Fasset fabrics. He uses bright and bold colours.
For the quilting I’ll use red quilting thread. I can’t wait to see this finished project. I hope you enjoy seeing this work in progress.

In this photo you see me and Charlie (the cat) admiring the top. I’m still in my PJs. I started earlier this morning, really wanted to finish the top this weekend. I’ve got the whole afternoon for myself now! What will I do?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Helen,
Gefeliciteerd! De top is af.
Hij is prachtig en Zoë mag trots zijn op haar tante.

Groetjes, MARJA

Karol-Ann said...

Well done on the finish. I imagine you will be handquilting it?

Sweet P said...

Wow! Your quilt is stunning!

African Kelli said...

Helen -- that is gorgeous! Nicely done. Love the color choices. Bravo!
I noticed your comment over at Nemo; the tags are from:http://www.apparellabels.com.au/dordsegst2.html

Hope this helps!

Ruth said...

It looks fabulous!!

Jackie said...

Helen, So good to see Zoe's quilt complete. I know she will love it! It is so bright and cheerful, wonderful for a little girl. I love it! Can't wait to see the wonderful quilting you will do.