Sunday, 25 May 2008

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Work has been interfering with my quilting time. At the moment work is taking over my life. (that is why I haven’t been blogging and quilting). I enjoy my work but this is getting out of hand. All my projects are approaching their deadline at the same time. For one big project the planning had to be revised and as I expected (predicted) some of us will continue working throughout July, August and September. I don’t think there it much time to catch our breath. The balance is gone and our brains are working fulltime. I need to fix this quickly before I and my co-workers burn-out. I do realize that by cramming too much into my days, and working hard, I’m racing toward bad (mental) health.

All work and no play makes Helen a dull girl. I need to start scheduling relaxation time. Tomorrow I’m talking with my boss!

One of my goals is not to let work interfere with my weekends, sadly the last couple of weeks I’ve let this slide. Today, however, I will work on Zoë’s quilt. Again Tonny is helping me. Today we are going to sandwich the quilt. Hopefully tonight I can show you the result.

1 comment:

Sweet P said...

I've been on medical leave for seven weeks due to work-related stress because I didn't listen to my body. I hope you are taking care of yourself.

Zoe's quilt is gorgeous.