Sunday, 17 February 2008

Movie weekend

Had a lovely weekend. While piecing the borders on my Star quilt I watched three terrific movies. The movies were ‘The painted veil’, ‘A good year’ and ‘Away from her’

.
All three were romantic movies. ‘The painted veil’ is a slow-moving, deep and emotionally stirring film situated in China. A good romantic tear jerker. The tears rolled down my face at the end of the movie.
It was nice to see Russel Crowe again, but now in a romantic comedy. I loved the English and France romance which developed in a really beautiful situated chateau in the Provence. Hum, guess where I would love to be now.
‘Away from her’ was also a teary film. It is about a man coping with the institutionalization of his wife because of Alzheimer's disease. This film was nearly as good as the Notebook (Nicolas Sparks).

I think I will be able to finish putting the fourth (and last) border on before Thursday. And then, I will have finished the top!!

No comments: