Wednesday, 20 February 2008

More parcels

Today was a great day for me, as I received a little parcel all the way from Australia!!! A while back, I had entered an Australia Day competition that Catharine from ‘Willow Valley Store’ had organized. She asked us bloggers who were currently living outside Australia to place a comment "when I visit Australia I would love to see....."
My entry was: ‘when I visit Australia I would love to see..... the dolphins surfing the waves at sunset at North Durras beach, and seeing the kangaroos roaming behind me. I’ll be sitting on the beach enjoying the peace and quiet and feeling very happy and content. This is what Australia day means to me.
Feeling a little homesick all of a sudden!’

I might not have been the winner but second best is just as good. Soon after leaving a comment I received this lovely e-mail ‘Now lets do a little something about that homesickness....what can I send you that you just can't get in your supermarket over there that you miss from here. ………….. I am happy to add a pattern from my range too’. And look what has arrived.




I got violet crumble and a chocolate bar with macadamia nuts ;) Catharine even added one of her patterns ‘’Christmas Allsorts’’. It is going to be fun making this bag. This bag involves patchwork, appliqué, quilting and stitcheries. Isn’t this a great present?

If you have some time on your hands, do visit her blog. She has a wonderful site, it is a great read. But I admire her the most for the wonderful pictures she takes and her passion for old things.

But this is not all that has arrived.
I feel very content at the moment.

2 comments:

Hanne said...

Lovely books you have there :-)
Do you plan to start any of the quilts or are they for looking and enjoying ?

Jackie said...

How wonderful to receive these! I bet that made your day?