Saturday, 9 February 2008

I have been tagged again

I’ve been tagged by a fellow Dutch blogger. I now have to translate in order to participate

The rules of the meme are:
1. When tagged, place the name of the person and URL on your blog
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself
4. Name 7 of your favourite weblogs
5. Send an e-mail letting those bloggers know they have been tagged

Well here I go (again):

1. Living arrangements
I live in the middle of the Netherlands with my hubby. I was born in the Netherlands but travelled the world with my parents. We lived in Cyprus, Greece and Niger. During my forming years I lived in Australia. We moved to Australia when I just turned nine. First lived in Melbourne, but we soon moved to Sydney. Fifth grade in Cronulla, 6th grade in Oyster Bay, and thereafter I went to Gymea High. We lived in Kareela. See this google map of the Sutherland Shire.


Grotere kaart weergeven

I moved back to the Netherlands after doing my HSC.
I’ve moved a couple of times in Holland, but never as much as I did with my parents.

2. Schooling
I have a PhD in Health Sciences and I’m also a registered nurse. I now work for a consultancy firm and do mostly research in the area of Healthcare.

3. Favourite food/drink
I love my coffee, especially the brew that comes out of my Espresso machine. I also like Thai, but you can get me out of bed for a full roast diner. The old Dutch traditional meals like, hutspot, boerenkool, erwtensoep or rodekool met hachee aren’t bad either. These are hearty winter meals.

4. Morning or evening person?
I’m a morning person. It doesn’t matter what time you wake me in the morning, I’m fresh, alert, talkative, and ready to start my day. However don’t wake me up late in the evening. Then you we see me in a bad mood.

5. Since when have you been quilting?
Started 3 years ago. Or to be truthful I picked it up again. I did some quilting about 10 years ago, but my PhD got in the way. At the moment I’ve got a lot of WIPs as I love big quilts. And, as you know they do take some time to complete when you piece, sandwich and quilt the by hand.
I especially love antique quilts.

6. Pets
I have two cats: Charlie and Teddy



7. Vacation
I love going to Britain, although it looks nothing like Australia, it kind of feels like home. The Lake District and Wales are particularly nice areas, although Devon isn’t bad either. Living in Europe gives one lots of opportunities to experience different cultures. I’m looking forward to the trip to Spain, especially Andalusia. I understand I’ll have plenty of input for future quilts because of the relics of medieval Islamic Spain.

8… Weblog.
I love the world of blogging. I’ve met so many nice people and I love reading about your quilt related activities. You are all so creative and busy bees. The quilt community is very international and I’m glad I’ve joined.

Here are 7 people I have tagged. It would be nice if you would continue this meme, but if you rather not don’t worry about it.
Ruth, Anne Marie, Hanne, Jackie, Kathie, Catherine, and Annelies,
If you want to join in, don’t be shy. I would love to know more about you. Request, please send me an email when you post your meme, I don’t want to miss it.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Very nice!! I loved reading all your responses. I definitely feel I know you better. Okay, I guess since I have been tagged I will do my post! Check it out soon!!

Ruth's Place said...

Cool, enjoyed reading about you. I'll do this meme soon too.

Karol-Ann said...

Hi, just trying to catch up with you. I have had almost no internet for ages now! You have been busy, the stars and stitcheries are great. I hope to catch up properly soon. BTW if you ever visit the Lake District again, please let me know we live very near Lake Windermere and Bowness...
All the best for the New Year
xka

Anne Marie said...

I would be delighted to participate, I am going to have to give this some thought!!

Christine said...

Nice meeting Charlie and Teddy. They look similar to my sister's cat Milo. Did you mean to tag me. When I held the cursor over Catherine I saw my blog's address. (Funny but this is my sister's name.)If you did check my blog because I was tagged by some other bloggers and did the post today. Happy stitching.