Wednesday, 6 February 2008

Another parcel was delivered today!

Quilting is nice to do, but it is also nice to read about it. I’ve bought another two books from the Elm Creek Quilts series. I like Jennifer Chiaverini’s writing style. And, naturally I want to know more about Sylvia Compson and Sarah McClure.

Some of you bloggers have already purchased ‘the Civil War Love Letter Quilt’. I’ve finally got it too. Wow, what a great book and it contains 121 patterns of quilt blocks.

To subdue feelings of homesickness I bought another couple of books from the Australian Outback Saga. I nearly have the whole series now. I’m going to have enough to read on my holidays.

As I love reading, and couldn’t contain myself, I also bought these books. Have to admit I bought them some months ago, but haven’t had the time to read them yet!

I all of a sudden have this liking for Cuban music. Some months ago I saw the movie ‘Lost City’ and loved the music they used. I also don’t mind looking at Andy Garcia. Finally bought the cd. This little item was also in the parcel.

Sadly we don’t have an Amazon in the Netherlands. But lucky me Amazon.com nearly delivers everything I want to order. It just takes a little longer before it is delivered. As you may have gathered the postman delivered another parcel today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also have this CD - the Lost City soundtrack. The music and songs are really nice. Andy Garcia is not only a great actor, he is also a great musician, composer, piano player. I also enjoyed the Lost City movie.

Jackie said...

I love the Elm Creek novels also, I have read every one of them. The newest one, The New Year's Quilt is great. She has a new one coming out in April called Winding Ways. I can't wait to get my hands on it!! Happy reading!

jacq said...

hoi
ik heb je getagt,wat dat inhoud is te lezen op mijn blog, maar niks moet alles mag

Chookyblue said...

great books........let me know when you are desperate again for an Aussie fix I could lend you some.......