Sunday, 27 January 2008

Kaleidoscope workshop

Twenty years ago, Mirjam and I met when we started our employment at a university hospital. Yesterday we celebrated our friendship by going to a kaleidoscope workshop together. Yes, she is into quilting as well. How the years have flown by, so many memories, many good and a few not so good. Isn’t it good to take a moment and reflect on the past and conclude you are happy with your life and with the friendships you’ve made?

Yesterday we enjoyed learning how to make a kaleidoscope quilt. There was lots of time for learning new skills and little time for talking, but enough time for laughs and giggles. Tonny, one of the quilters in my bee was there also. So as you can imagine, we had a great day.

List of WISP’s (works in slow progress)
- Star quilt (2.4m x 2.4m)
- Compass and house quilt (1.6m x 1.6m)
- Zoë’s quilt (1.5m x 1.2m)
- 365 challenge quilt (2m x 2m)
- Red and white kaleidoscope (2m x 1.80m)

Last week I had little time for quilting as I went up north to my mum. Thursday was her birthday. She was really happy with her deckchair and handbag. These were our gifts for her. The whole family pitches in (yes, my sister, brother in law, hubby and I).

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Glad to see you are feeling better!! Isn't it nice to have a friend to do these things with? I can't wait to see your finished Kaleidoscope. Hop on over to my blog, I am doing a giveaway until the 31st. Good Luck!

Christine said...

Your Kaleidoscope class sounds like fun. Must have been nice to catch up with your friend.