Thursday, 31 January 2008

Feeling less homesick

Last week I felt a little homesick after reading how some of the bloggers celebrated Australia day. I received some uplifting e-mails. There are some others, like me, that really miss the easy-going Aussie attitude and lifestyle. Chooky blue emailed the following ‘you can always come back and visit us......’. That got me thinking. I’ve decided that I’m going to put some money aside for a trip (hubby is laughing – he can’t believe what I'm writing). If all goes well, I think I will have enough saved by February 2010. I think I will also plan a sabbatical then (this means I can stay away for 8 weeks). Just planning and dreaming about this holiday is cheering me up. I already feel less homesick.

Side note: I love living in the Netherlands. But as people who have travelled a lot and have lived in many different countries know, it is hard to pinpoint ‘home’. When in Australia I miss Holland and when in the Netherlands I miss Australia.

So I’m left with this last comment ‘home is where my heart resides’, and at the moment that is Holland.

3 comments:

Chookyblue said...

gee that's an expensive thought I gave you......lol......good luck with the savings......

ruthsplace said...

I couldn't agree more, home has to be where I'm currently living (or I would be constantly pining for what I can't have) but there's always a special spot in my heart for that sunburnt country...

Leanne said...

Good luck with the saving perhaps you could put together a blogger tour visiting bloggers around Oz.