Friday, 11 January 2008

Christmas blues

I loved the stitchery 'Christmas Cups' that Christine from Auntie’s Quaint Quilts displayed on her blog. I couldn't contain myself, and ordered some other Christmas stitchery patterns also. I’m going to be prepared for coming Christmas! I ordered the following patterns from Honeysuckle Cottage: A Whimsical Gift, Merry Christmas Stitchery, Christmas Time is Coming and Heart of Christmas. In total I will receive five patterns in the post soon. But I don’t think I will start before our summer is over, that will be some time beginning of October.

Yesterday evening we had our Bee at Matty's place.
It is always nice to get together and enjoy the same things, quilting. As you can see we also enjoyed apple pie. Joke, one of the bee-members, made this for us.

Cream was available but I declined the offer. Apple pie and coffee is good enough for me. It was delicious and very filling. Did I have too much?

Most of us worked on our compass quilts. Like May Britt we want to finish our UFO’s, however most of us have a long way to go. We won’t finish it before the end of January. We need a little more time.

Jacqueline has started on her Silvia’s Bridal Sampler. Here is a picture of the first couple of blocks she has finished. They are looking pretty good. I love the size of the blocks. I think they are 15x15 cm. Very petit.

The trip to Andalusia is nearly completely planned. I still need to find some B&B’s along the way. Did you know that I’ll be driving 2400 kilometres (one way)? It is a long way from my home to Andalusia, but we will be able to do a lot of sight seeing, mum and me. Can’t wait till April and can't wait to see the sun.

Hubby and I have booked a really nice B&B in Wales, we will be staying there for a whole week. This time I knew what I was looking for, as we are visiting the same area as last year. Yes, we are going back to North Wales, and staying in Snowdonia National Park. I expect the weather will be good around June. We always take good weather with us (what ever time of year), so why should this holiday be different :)
It feels good to have booked our holidays. I’m really looking forward to both trips.

1 comment:

Judith said...

Looks nice your quilting bee.