Sunday, 27 January 2008

Australia Day

Yesterday it was Australia day. I’m feeling a little homesick when I read all your blogs. I love the photos some of you posted. I miss the warm sunny weather, the long white beaches, the blob of white that covers so many noses, surfies, the BBQs, the lamb chops and sausages, the rustling gum trees, the rosella's, and so many other things. I wish I was down under to enjoy your long weekend with you.

I think the Australian anthem depicts Australia really well. Hubby downloaded the anthem as a ringtone a long time ago. When my mobile goes off, you can guess what I hear.

''Australians all let us rejoice,
For we are young and free;
We've golden soil and wealth for toil;
Our home is girt by sea;
Our land abounds in nature's gifts
Of beauty rich and rare;
In history's page, let every stage,
Advance Australia Fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair.
Beneath our radiant Southern Cross
We'll toil with hearts and hands;
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands;
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share;
With courage let us all combine,
To Advance Australia Fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair.''


I’m proud to have been brought up in this country.

2 comments:

Chookyblue said...

Happy Australia Day.........you can always come back and visit us......

Ruth's Place said...

Yeah, the Aussie blogs made me really homesick too...