Sunday, 30 December 2007

Poffertjes

For Christmas I got a poffertjespan to make Dutch pancakes. These are really little pancakes and are delicious with some butter and sugar. I thought they would be really easy to make. Well I was wrong. Making the batter isn’t that hard but turning the little pancakes just at the right time is hard to determine. This might be due to the cast-iron poffertjespan. I haven’t figured out yet when it has the right temperature. Some were a little well done; others should have been left in the pan a little longer. I’ve gotten a deep respect for all those poffertjes cooks out there.




In the last photo you can see I made lots! I made enough for two servings.

3 comments:

Judith said...

Helen, ze omdraaien met een sateprikker of een kleine gebaksvork werkt beter en de pan moet echt gloeiend heet ijn.

anne bebbington said...

We had these in Amsterdam when we visited on a romantic weekend away a few years ago - delicious!!!!

groetjes van ingrid h.g. said...

Poffertjes bakken,daar moet je echt bij blijven staan, want dat kan zo hard gaan!
Ik vind het zelf altijd zo moeilijk om ze snel om te draaien,...