Sunday, 30 December 2007

Not enough fabric for the 365 challenge quilt!!

This is the second time this has happened to me. After cutting lots of strips of 11,5 cm I’ve come up short of about 80 cm of fabric. Lucky me I’m going to Deventer coming Thursday for a high tea with an colleague from my previous job, I can then pop in at Petra Prins in Zutphen. These two cities aren’t too far apart.
As you can see I’ve cut all the strips into little pieces. I have now cut
- 138 pieces of 4 ½ inch by 3 ½ inch
- 66 pieces of 4 ½ inch by 4 ½ inch
- 68 pieces of 4 ½ inch by 5 ½ inch
- 48 pieces of 4 ½ inch by 6 ½ inch

Still need
- 22 pieces of 4 ½ inch by 3 ½ inch
- 14 pieces of 4 ½ inch by 4 ½ inch
- 12 pieces of 4 ½ inch by 5 ½ inch

Notice the cup of coffee (can't start my day without one) and the tutorial from Leanne's House?



I’ve also cut the sashing (2cm) and borders (11,5 cm). Yes, between the columns I will put strips of sashing (I’ve cut 15 strips of 3,5 cm). The reason for changing the pattern of Leanne’s House a little is that I want a quilt 2 meters by 2 meters. The double beds in the Netherlands are a little bigger then the normal Aussie ones.

Well I think I might start sewing some columns tomorrow.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Good luck with the 365 challenge.