Sunday, 23 December 2007

Düsseldorf

Yesterday we went to Düsseldorf. Where were all the Germans? We heard only Dutch while walking through the Königsallee, the main shopping street in Dusseldorf. We did a lot of walking, I had this long list of things I wanted to buy, but sadly I didn’t find what I wanted.
I did buy some new earplugs for my iPod Nano. The pair that comes with the Nano hurt my ears. I have small delicate ears! I now have ones with small ear adapters. These come in three sizes, large, medium and small. I’ll use the small ones!!



Naturally we also stopped for coffee. In Dusseldorf you find a Starbucks around every corner. I had a gingerbread latte, to get me into that Christmas mood, and a raspberry cheesecake.
The Christmas fair wasn’t too bad, but I saw no nice decorations or ornaments that I wanted to have. I also so no quilt shop. If anyone knows of one in Düsseldorf, please let me know.

The Netherlands was covered with a coat of frost yesterday. I took one or two nice photos.











After our shopping spree, we drove to Groesbeek to celebrate my MIL’s birthday. We went out to dinner, to a lovely restaurant that we have been to before. The food is superb. Forgot to take out my camera to take some photos, sorry.

When we came home there was this little parcel waiting for me. It didn’t contain any quilt related items, but a CD. While in Wales last May, I had bought this CD of Dylan Rowlands.
I really liked his CD Telynor Portmeirion, which we heard in a restaurant in Bala. Dylan plays the harp, a wonderful instrument. Anyway, when we got home we found out that the CD contained no music tracks. This was one big disappointment. Naturally I wrote to the recording company to voice my disappointment. First I was going to get the money refunded, but this is better, I got a new CD.

No comments: