Sunday, 21 October 2007

Shopping

Yesterday JW and I went shopping. He needed a new winter coat and jeans (naturally). We went to Moers, Germany, as they have a store there where we can do ‘quick’ men shopping. I wanted a black skirt and black jumper. Sadly, I’m never that successful in this shop, even though it is a very big store. They have lots of clothes for women, but somehow I couldn’t find what I was looking for. JW was more successful. He found the coat he wanted (with lots of help and perseverance from me), two pair of jeans (dark and stone washed) and two shirts.
The restaurant in de shop had somehow disappeared, so we walked into the town for some lunch, and there I saw this great bag in this shop which had lots and lots of bags. I really wanted it, but I didn’t really need it. So we left the shop to find us some lunch. Just imagining that I might never find such a bag again, I convinced JW to go back. I bought the bag, thank …. it was still there.
It always amazes me that most Germans still pay in cash. I had some difficulties swiping my bankcard. We had to try three times before we had a connection with the bank. Most shops don’t even except credit card. Why this is, I don’t know. Going to the cash-machine was a little too much of a bother. The bag was packed very nicely and of we went back home to the Netherlands.

Well here are some pictures of the bag and look what you can put in it.

Yes, I need these things. Can’t leave home without my purse, driving license, credit card wallet, sunglasses, PDA, Tom-Tom (navigation-system) , mobile phone (the bag can fit two, yes I have two mobiles, one for work and one for myself), a brush, hand-cream, lipstick, nail-file. You name it I’ve got it with me (even band-aids, Panadol and tissues).
This is me with my new bag ;)

When I go to work, I have my handbag and laptop trolley with me.

The laptop trolley contains naturally a laptop, but also a notebook (I still like to write things on paper). Now you understand why I don’t take the bus or train to work. A car is so much more practical.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Gorgeous Bag!!