Wednesday, 5 September 2007

I’ve got myself a sewing machine!!!

Yesterday I got a telephone from the store that specializes in sewing machines. No spare parts were available for the 35 year old Singer. I kind of expected that answer, so today I made the leap and bought a Husqvarna Viking Emerald 118. I think I made a wise choice. The sale nearly took me 1 ½ hours! I got instructions on how the machine works with a cup of coffee. Very nice people. Sadly the shop is closing in two weeks, as they have decided to enjoy their retirement.



As they were giving a big closing sale I also got myself a trolley. Yes, I finally found one. It was standing in the store (a little hidden) and I asked if it was for sale and for how much. I got myself a real good deal :)

Coming, Saturday and Sunday I will need to practice. The machine has so many possibilities. I also think it is wise that I know how the machine works when I turn up for my first class next Wednesday.


I can return my mum's Singer to her. I think she will be happy to have it back although she was very happy to lend it to me. It is a little sad that the Singer will not be used as much any more. I was getting a little attached to this machine. There are so many memories attached to this machine.

3 comments:

Judith said...

I have a Husqvarna myself, a 750Q and I just love it. Since I have this one I really like sewing a lot.
Enjoy it. I hope to find a trolley real soon too.

Hanne said...

Enjoy your new sewing machine :-)

Sweet P said...

Congratulations on your new sewing machine. I hope you are enjoying it.