Sunday, 12 August 2007

Quilt exhibit Garderen

From Friday the 10th till Sunday the 12th Henny Oosterbaan and her students showed their quilts in Garderen.
Garderen is a small village in the province of Gelderland and is located in the forests of the Veluwe, on the western border. The Veluwe is a forest-rich ridge of hills in the province of Gelderland in the Netherlands. The Veluwe features many different landscapes including woodland, heath, some small lakes and Europe's largest sand drifts.

Yesterday a few ladies of the crazy quilters went to the exhibit and Caroline liked it so much that she phoned me yesterday evening to invite me to come along today.
Henny Oosterbaan made a lot of effort to make a nice exhibit as you can see in the pictures.





I especially liked these stitchery patterns (is this the right name for these patterns?).



At the end of November I’ll be doing a workshop with Henny, to learn to make the winter calendar. See the snowman quilt on the left of the picture with hearts. You can remove the middle and put up another season, like a little quilt of spring.
It is becoming very tempting to start a new project although I have 2 WIP’s (Works In Progress). But in 5 weeks time I’ll start with a new workshop, so I think I’ll just do some patchwork tonight and try to finish another block.
Thanks Caroline for the invitation. I'm glad I went.

2 comments:

Judith said...

Didn't know there was an exhibition in Garderen otherwise I would have gine as I was close in Kootwijk this weekend.

Caroline said...

I also liked it very much the second time. Had a great weekend with all these quilting activities.